Thursday, May 8, 2008

What I've Learned in the Past 2 1/2 Months....

  1. I can change a diaper in the dark. I'm sure I could do it blindfolded.
  2. I can simultaneaously rock a baby w/ my foot, talk on the phone, eat, watch TV, read a magazine, and pump all at the same time.
  3. Crying doesn't necessarily mean I'm Hungry. Crying doesn't necessarily mean I'm Tired. Crying can just be Crying for Crying's sake. For more info, see here.
  4. The sound of two workmen hammering on your roof won't necessarily wake a sleeping baby. The sound of twenty-four workmen hammering on your roof can quite possibly wake a sleeping baby. The sound of a microwave oven suddenly beeping will most definitely wake a sleeping baby.
  5. And speaking of sleep, I believe your definition of "sleep" changes once you have a baby. A four-hour stretch, for instance, is "good sleep." One-hour stretches still officially count as "OK sleep," and an 8-hour stretch is miraculous!