Monday, January 9, 2017

Standing!

As I write the title of this post, I can't help but think the next post will be called "Walking!" Ack! How time flies and we are so not ready! 👶!

Lately our lil man is able to pull up (!!) all by himself! He's happy just to stand there smiling (I wonder how long that will last!) because if he moves he may topple over. I sort of miss the days when we could sit him on a blanket surrounded by toys and that was enough.. (sigh!) but it sure is fun seeing him learn new things and be proud of himself. And it's been all coming on pretty quick ever since the crawling started. Todd and I have likened it to someone coming out of a coma... now he's ready to SEE & DO everything! ALL AT ONCE! Our sleepy baby is not so sleepy anymore! We are finding things to babyproof that it hadn't occurred to us to babyproof. Even things like rocking chairs that little hands can go under.. drawers that can pinch.. cat food to be eaten. And the carbon monoxide detector has been a big hit. So we are catching on... Connor is keeping us on our toes!
Also a quick holiday update: For Christmas (& my bday!) we just stayed local and had fun seeing what Santa brought. Todd and I were exhausted but it was a really special, magical time for the kiddos. Connor was pretty clueless but Madison "helped" open all his presents. For New Years we spent the weekend in Glenwood Springs. I truly love it there. We have been before on New Years but stayed at a different hotel this time. I wasn't sure about bringing Connor in the hot springs, but saw plenty of other babies there (including a 2-month old!) and there are varying degrees of the pools so you can go in some of the milder ones and don't have to stay in the hot part. This time Madison and I made it til dark, but didn't stay til midnight like last time. She is a trooper, tho- when she wants to do something she is in for the long haul! We also took the gondola up the to the alpine adventure park this time - too cold to do most things but fun to walk around!

My bday 🎁
 Christmas 🎅

Christmas crafts
Pippen 👿
 Cozy
Finally - some "boy" toys!