Monday, March 9, 2009

Toddlerhood, here I come!

I feel like Madison's 1st birthday was the turning point. I know there are lots of little milestones people use to measure a "toddler" -- walking, talking, eating on their own... For us, it was her birthday! When I think back to that day, I remember her as a baby! And yet, when I look at her now, I can't help but see a toddler. It's like she woke up that next morning and was just a walking, talking human being!
Another surprise is that I suddenly feel like a seasoned mom! I find myself giving advice to moms with new babies, mothers-to-be, anyone who asks really. Some friends and I are planning a baby shower for one of my old roommates, and we were out at Babies R Us the other day getting gifts. I found myself saying: "Oh, you want this kind of tube of diaper cream because they can bite on the tube and it's not sharp;" -or - "Oh, you need at least two of these, because one will fall in the toilet or get lost;" - and - "Oh, you don't want to get the washcloths with edges, those just get in the way..." Things like that.. Things I have learned- and that other people may or may not care about! Ha! It's just funny because when I look back at my own baby registry, I registered for things like pacifiers and baby bottles, which take some experimenting to figure out the right kind!
But hey, we are all learning. And I also need to know when to shut up! And thank goodness my friends are patient people! :)

The toddler climbs a turtle ("tut-tut")